Volvo SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Volvo, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Volvo is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector. The article below lists the Volvo SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Volvo, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Volvo looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Volvo :
1. Volvo cars are highly efficient and have world class safety standards
2. A high inclination towards maintaining quality of driving experience
3. Offers variants of car models to suit the customer preferences
4. Attracts elite class with its elegant as well as classic style
5. Volvo has over 100,000 employees globally
6. Volvo subsidiaries include brands like Mack Trucks, Renault Trucks, UD Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Buses, Volvo Trucks
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Volvo SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited penetration middle income segment due to high price especially in the emerging economies
2. Volvo is unable to create a huge market share in high priced cars due to presence of global automobile giants
Read more about Volvo
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Volvo SWOT Analysis:
1. Expanding Automobile market can be tapped by Volvo cars as well as trucks
2. Acquiring more market share in integrating with current entities involved in automobile business
3. The increasing per capita income and purchasing power
4. Expanding in the hybrid segment can be huge boost for Volvo brand
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Volvo are as mentioned:
1. Dominance of big international automobile companies can affect sales of Volvo
2. Improved and innovative features included by competitors
3. Increasing usage of government transport and high fuel costs
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Volvo:
4. Toyota Motor Corporation
6. Honda Motors
7. Hyundai Motors
8. Ford Motor Company
Hence this concludes the Volvo SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Volvo. For life
Volvo is a manufacturer of cars reputed for their safety standards and classic style quotient
Sedan, SUV Segment
High ended young business executives preferring luxurious and safe cars
Volvo is positioned as the safest cars to drive by adding innovative safety features
|Volvo Product Portfolio|
1. Volvo C70
2. Volvo S80
3. Volvo XC90
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Volvo product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Volvo. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us