Porsche SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Porsche, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Porsche to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Porsche is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Porsche SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Porsche SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Porsche, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Porsche looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Porsche :
1. Porsche has a high brand presence and reputation across globe
2. Porsche is preferred by ultra-rich elite customers as every single model is high priced
3. The brand has a few car models but wide range of variants and hence it gets an advantage of brand extension
4. The company is a trusted brand for providing supreme style with sporty features
5. The brand is one of the most recognized top-of-the-mind and popular luxury car brands
6. Porsche company has over 30,000 employees globally
7. Is a popular brand in the racing industry as well as popular name is the gaming world
8. More than 200,000 Porsche cars are manufactured every year
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Porsche SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand has a lacking presence in middle income segment which is expanding at a phenomenal rate
2. Very high maintenance and running cost of Porsche cars in an extremely competitive luxury car market
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Porsche SWOT Analysis:
1. Porsche can capitalize on exclusivity and increase sales globally
2. Future generation and concept cars can be invested in by Porsche to plan for the future
3. Increasing manufacturing facilities and distribution as well as servicing network can help the brand grow
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Porsche are as mentioned:
1. Government policies & heavy taxes in some countries can affect Porsche sales
2. Impending recession which may decrease purchasing power
3. Intense competition from automobile giants can affect the business margins
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 10 competitors of Porsche:
6. Aston Martin
Hence this concludes the Porsche SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Porsche Automobile Holding SE
Sports Car, SUV
There is no substitute
Porsche is an extremely luxurious & powerful sports car with high reputation in the market
High ended car users
Businessmen and prosperous families
Porsche is positioned as a car manufacturer for elite and extremely prosperous customers
|Porsche Product Portfolio|
1. Porsche Boxster
2. Porsche Cayman
3. Porsche Cayenne
4. Porsche 911
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Porsche product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Porsche. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us