Rolls Royce SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Rolls Royce, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Rolls Royce to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Rolls Royce is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Rolls Royce SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Rolls Royce SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Rolls Royce, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Rolls Royce looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Rolls Royce :
1. Rolls Royce is one of the leading premium car manufacturers in the world
2. Rolls Royce has a strong brand image globally existing since inception in 1906
3. There is a strong aspirational value in minds of people for Rolls Royce cars
4. The brand focuses on superior build quality not only for interiors but also the exterior, engine & chassis
5. Rolls Royce has elegant and supreme brands like Phantom, Phantom Drophead Coupé, Phantom Coupé and Ghost
6. The brand is owned by the elite of the world, and is one of the most significant status symbols of the super rich
7. Rolls Royce has customers in over 150 countries and operates in more than 50 countries worldwide
8. The company has a strong technological support from the parent company
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Rolls Royce SWOT Analysis:
1. The design of Rolls Royce models is evolutionary in nature thus they look similar
2. Many potential customers move to other brands due to the profiling requirements
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Rolls Royce SWOT Analysis:
1. Currently there is a rising trend for environmental friendly cars, there lies an opportunity for luxury brands as well
2. Also keeping the price premium they should try & relax the customer profiling procedure
3. With the rise is powerful & rich, Rolls Royce has an opportunity to increase business among the elite
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Rolls Royce are as mentioned:
1. The protectionists trade policies of various countries
2. Unwillingness of people to buy a vehicle of such high price
3. Being a global brand, the business of Rolls Royce is affected by economic recession, fluctuating currencies etc.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Rolls Royce:
4. Aston Martin
Hence this concludes the Rolls Royce SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Rolls Royce Overview|
Trusted to deliver excellence; Like nothing else on earth
Rolls Royce has a premium status with exclusivity worldwide
|Rolls Royce STP|
The segment has been chosen on basis of the benefit sought, the benefit of prestige
Only the rich & affluent, also Rolls Royce chooses who their customer will be
Rolls Royce is positioned as among the most premium brands in the world
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Rolls Royce. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us