Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Opel analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Opel SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Opel to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Opel is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Opel SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Opel SWOT Analysis:
For Opel, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Opel looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Opel :
1. Though owned by General Motors, it has preserved its German essence 2. Produced over a million vehicles per annum
3. 11 manufacturing facilities in over 6 countries 4. Its models are rebadged & sold as Buicks, Holden, Vauxhall, Saturn in various countries
5. It employs around 39000 employees
6. Strong brand presence and recall through advertising
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Opel SWOT Analysis:
1. Market share is limited owing to competitive segment
2. The non performance of General Motors is affecting the brand
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Opel SWOT Analysis:
1. It is going to invest for fuel saving & innovative engines& transmissions 2.Can leverage Ampera, Volt & other electric & hybrid vehicles design 3.It can also look for newer markets
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Opel are as mentioned:
1. There is a possibility for that the General Motors may discontinue this brand if it does not prove to be profitable 2. The Japanese & Korean players are much stronger as compared to Opel esp in the Asian markets
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Opel:
Families and Individuals who want a reliable product
Reliable and stylish afforable cars
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Opel. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute