Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Opel analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Opel SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Opel to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Opel is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The table below lists the Opel SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Opel competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Families and Individuals who want a reliable product
Reliable and stylish afforable cars
SWOT Analysis of Opel
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Opel:
1. Though owned by General Motors, it has preserved its German essence 2. Produced over a million vehicles per annum
3. 11 manufacturing facilities in over 6 countries 4. Its models are rebadged & sold as Buicks, Holden, Vauxhall, Saturn in various countries
5. It employs around 39000 employees
6. Strong brand presence and recall through advertising
Here are the weaknesses in the Opel SWOT Analysis:
1. Market share is limited owing to competitive segment
2. The non performance of General Motors is affecting the brand
Following are the Opportunities in Opel SWOT Analysis:
1. It is going to invest for fuel saving & innovative engines& transmissions 2.Can leverage Ampera, Volt & other electric & hybrid vehicles design 3.It can also look for newer markets
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Opel are as mentioned:
1. There is a possibility for that the General Motors may discontinue this brand if it does not prove to be profitable 2. The Japanese & Korean players are much stronger as compared to Opel esp in the Asian markets
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Opel. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute