Honeywell International SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Honeywell International, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Honeywell International to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Honeywell International is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The article below lists the Honeywell International SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Honeywell International SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Honeywell International, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Honeywell International looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Honeywell International :
1. One of the largest American conglomerates
2. Employees over 130,000 people as a part of its work force
3. The company has its business in aerospace, engineering services, consumer products etc
4. Mergers and acquisitions have consolidated the position of the company and made it one of the strongest companies in US
5. Sub-brands like turbo chargers and thermostats are popular through retail outlets
6. Strong expenditure on research and development is a good way to keep a strong market position
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Honeywell International SWOT Analysis:
1. Allegations that the company didn't pay taxes hurt the brand image
2. Production of weapons in the past has also brought bad name to the company
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Honeywell International SWOT Analysis:
1. Positive outlook for global aerospace and defense sector
2. Growth through tie-ups and acquisitions, especially in the emerging economies like India, China, Brazil etc can boost international market share
3. Accelerating US turbocharged engine segment
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Honeywell International are as mentioned:
1. Strict govt policies and environmental regulation affect operations
2. Economic fluctuations and currency devaluations affect the financial performance as it is an international company
3. Heavy dependence on few suppliers
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of Honeywell International:
1. ABB Ltd
2. BAE systems plc
3. Emerson Electric
4. Rockwell Collins Inc
5. Siemens AG
6. Rolls Royce
7. ITT Corporations
8. Johnsons Controls
Hence this concludes the Honeywell International SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Honeywell International Overview|
Honeywell International Ltd
Technology and Manufacturing
We are Honeywell; If we say it, we'll do it
Honeywell, and its Five Initiatives (Growth, Productivity, Cash, People, and The Enablers)
|Honeywell International STP|
Automation and control solutions, aerospace, performance materials and technologies and transportation systems
Users of automation and control systems, Users of climate control equipment, Aircraft manufacturers, Airlines, Process industries, Manufacturers of passengers and commercial vehicles
Sound strategy and the innovation in the way of doing
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Honeywell International. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us