Schneider Electric SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Schneider Electric analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Schneider Electric SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Schneider Electric to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Schneider Electric is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The article below lists the Schneider Electric SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Schneider Electric SWOT Analysis:
For Schneider Electric, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Schneider Electric Strengths
The strengths of Schneider Electric looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Schneider Electric :
1. Global presence all over the world with 31 manufacturing units spread across many countries 2. Pioneer in green energy, it has diversified into green energy segment
3. Schneider electric has size advantages which lower its risks. Large size has ensured Schneider electric gets more resources to pursue new markets and defend themselves
4. Schneider is a very strong brand. This has enabled it to charge premium price as its customers place high value the quality which is reflected by brand
5. High investments in R & D and Superior technology has allowed Schneider electric to better meet the needs of their customers in unique ways that rivalscannot simulate
Schneider Electric Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Schneider Electric SWOT Analysis:
1. Schneider made few bad acquisitions. These can increase their costs and reduce the value of their combined businesses. They can also affect the core business and merge cultures that are incompatible which can lower the productivity
2.On the back of shortage of liquidity, the margin is not improving in the shorter term 3. Bad debts and Financial difficulties with customers have increased the debtor's provisions affecting profit
Schneider Electric Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Schneider Electric SWOT Analysis:
1. Incorporating new services and new customized products can help Schneider electric to better meet their customer’s needs. Also these can expand Schneider electric’s business and customer base 2.Relaxation of regulations will allow Schneider electric to perform in a way that is most advantages for them and their customers
Schneider Electric Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Schneider Electric are as mentioned:
1. A bad economy may slow down its growth and curtail its green initiatives 2. The dynamic political scenario can increase risk, as governments can change business rules that may have negative affect Schneider electric’s business
Schneider Electric Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Schneider Electric:
The global specialist in energy management/Make the most of your energy
It has a unique vision; Makes high quality infrastructure based on green technology
Schneider Electric STP
Power Generation and Infrastructure, Green Buildings, Water, Marine, Oil and Gas
Electrical distribution (utilities) and Power generation companies, Electro-intensive industry,Water & waste treatment plants, Public-sector investors, Oil & gas infrastructure, Marine sector
Global specialist in energy management; Aims to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Schneider Electric. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute