Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: January 22, 2022
SWOT analysis of ITC Limited analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In ITC Limited SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like ITC Limited to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. ITC Limited is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the ITC Limited SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top ITC Limited competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
100 Inspiring years; 100 years 1 mission India first
ITC is rated among the World's Best Big Companies
ITC Limited STP
Products and services for daily needs
Every Indian household especially the middle class
Enduring Value. For the Nation. For the Shareholder.
ITC Limited Product Portfolio
1. Fiama Di Wills 2. Vivel 3. Superia
Food & Beverages 1. Sunfeast 3. Mint-O 3. Bingo
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the ITC Limited product portfolio.
SWOT Analysis of ITC Limited
For ITC Limited, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the ITC Limited SWOT Analysis:
ITC Limited Strengths
The strengths of ITC Limited looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of ITC Limited :
1. ITC has a strong and experienced management which ensures that the company is known for its great products & distribution
2. Strong brand presence & excellent product advertising has helped the brand grow consistently
3. ITC has a diversified product and services portfolio which includes FMCG, Hotel chains, paper & packaging and agri-business
4. Over 6500 E-Choupal CSR activities and sustainability initiatives enhance ITC’s brand image reaching over 4 million farmers
5. ITC limited employees over 30,000 people across all its various businesses
6. Excellent research and development facilities ensure that the brand manufactures high quality products
7. ITC products are exported to over 90 countries worldwide
8. The annual revenue of the company is around $10 billion
ITC Limited Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the ITC Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. ITC has a strong competition in the FMCG segment and hence market share growth is slow
2. Hotel industry has not been able to create a huge market share
ITC Limited Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in ITC Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Tap rural markets and increase penetration in urban areas
2. Mergers and acquisitions to strengthen the brand
3. Increasing purchasing power of people thereby increasing demand 4. More publicity of hotel chains to increase market share
ITC Limited Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of ITC Limited are as mentioned:
1. Strict govt regulations and policies regarding cigarettes
2. Intense and increasing competition amongst other FMCG companies and hotel chains
3. FDI in retail thereby allowing international brands
ITC Limited Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of ITC Limited:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to ITC Limited. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute