Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 16, 2021
SWOT analysis of Dabur India analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dabur India SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dabur India to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dabur India is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Dabur India SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Dabur India competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Dabur India product portfolio.
SWOT Analysis of Dabur India
For Dabur India, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Dabur India SWOT Analysis:
Dabur India Strengths
The strengths of Dabur India looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dabur India :
1. Dabur has products present in over 60 c0untries and distribution through 5000 distributors and 3 million outlets 2. Strong brand image and product development strength of Dabur
3. Strong distribution network and an extensive supply chain 4. Dabur has welfare activities in health care, education and other socio-economic activities 5. Has focus markets in GCC, Egypt, Nigeria, US, Nepal etc
6. It has a strong legacy since its inception in 1884
7. Dabur has an excellent product diversification in healthcare, oral care, food, personal care, home care etc
Dabur India Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Dabur India SWOT Analysis:
1. Fake products sold under the name of their brands 2. Dabur products has stiff competition from big domestic players and international brands
Dabur India Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Dabur India SWOT Analysis:
1. Tapping rural markets and increase penetration in urban areas can boost Dabur 2. Mergers and acquisitions to strengthen the brand 3. Increasing purchasing power of people thereby increasing demand
Dabur India Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dabur India are as mentioned:
1. Intense and increasing competition amongst other FMCG companies means burden of Dabur's market share 2. FDI in retail thereby allowing international brands 3. Competition from unbranded and local products
Dabur India Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Dabur India:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dabur India. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute