Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 16, 2021
SWOT analysis of Reckitt Benckiser analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Reckitt Benckiser SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Reckitt Benckiser to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Reckitt Benckiser is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The table below lists the Reckitt Benckiser SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Reckitt Benckiser competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the most innovative companies in health care
Reckitt Benckiser STP
Urban households and hospitals, clinics
Consumer centric innovation
Reckitt Benckiser Product Portfolio
1. Air Wick 2. Brasso 3. Calgon
4. Cillit Bang 5. Clearasil 6. Cherry Blossom
7. Colin 8. Dettol 9. Disprin
10.Woolite 11. Finish 12. Gaviscon
13. Harpic 14. Lizol 15. Mortein
16. Nurofen 17. Robin 18. Strepsils
19. Scholl 20. Silvo 21. Vanish
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Reckitt Benckiser product portfolio.
SWOT Analysis of Reckitt Benckiser
Reckitt Benckiser Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Reckitt Benckiser:
1. RB’s products have won many product of year awards 2. Price advantage due to its portable packaging
3. R& D infrastructure is strong and stable, so innovations are good
4.Strong promotion through advertising media and print media like TVCs, OOHs etc
5. Experienced and strong work force led by efficient management
6. Its operations are in over 60 countries and they are sold in over 180 countries
Reckitt Benckiser Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Reckitt Benckiser SWOT Analysis:
1. Retailers using expired products for sale affects brand image
2. Strong competition from industry leaders means market expansion is slow
Reckitt Benckiser Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Reckitt Benckiser SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisitions of other companies and spreading the business.
2. Having new brands for the economy class and rural areas
3. Improve the overall distribution system.
Reckitt Benckiser Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Reckitt Benckiser are as mentioned:
1. Due to economic slowdown the purchasing power of the public decreases.
2.Due to change in Government, laws and polices sometimes an existing product performance is affected
3.Currency exchange rate fluctuations
4. Low cost substitutes present.
Reckitt Benckiser Competition
Reckitt Benckiser Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of Reckitt Benckiser:
1. Johnson & Johnson 2. Unilever 3. P&G 4. SC Johnson
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Reckitt Benckiser. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute