Emami SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Emami, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Emami to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Emami is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Emami SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Emami SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Emami, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Emami looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Emami :
1. Its strategy is to develop niche segments into brands which have always given it the first mover’s advantage. It did just that with its men’s fairness cream — Fair and Handsome — as it carved out a virgin segment from within what is now a Rs 1,400 crore fairness cream market in India.
2. Emami covers all the states with 32 depots across India and enjoys a wide distribution network comprising strong network of 3500 distributors and 4000 sub distributors , with direct retail reach across of 5,00,000 outlets
3. Strong brands in its portfolio; Boroplus, Navaratna, Fair & Handsome, Zandu are all Rs 100 crore plus brands.
4. Significant international presence in countries like Ukraine, Russia and Nepal
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Emami SWOT Analysis:
1. It has not diversified much. It had planned to enter into baby care segment but later on pulled back.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Emami SWOT Analysis:
1. Demographic trends like increasing population and purchasing power favor the consumer healthcare market, thus opportunities for growth.
2. Related diversification into growing categories
3. With growth in modern retail, it should look into opportunities of how to cater to this channel
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Emami are as mentioned:
1. Intense and increasing competition amongst other FMCG companies
2. FDI in retail thereby allowing international brands and increasing bargaining power of big retailers which could negotiate for better margins
3. Competition from unbranded and local products
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Emami:
Hence this concludes the Emami SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Consumer Products, Food & Beverages
|Tagline||Making people healthy & beautiful naturally|
Products that cater to niche segments
Products and services for daily needs
All Indian households especially middle class
Herbal, natural and organic products for both beauty and health
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Emami. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us