Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 16, 2021
SWOT analysis of Emami analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Emami SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Emami to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Emami is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The table below lists the Emami SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Emami competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Herbal, natural and organic products for both beauty and health
SWOT Analysis of Emami
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Emami:
1. Its strategy is to develop niche segments into brands which have always given it the first mover’s advantage. It did just that with its men’s fairness cream — Fair and Handsome — as it carved out a virgin segment from within what is now a Rs 1,400 crore fairness cream market in India.
2. Emami covers all the states with 32 depots across India and enjoys a wide distribution network comprising strong network of 3500 distributors and 4000 sub distributors , with direct retail reach across of 5,00,000 outlets
3. Strong brands in its portfolio; Boroplus, Navaratna, Fair & Handsome, Zandu are all Rs 100 crore plus brands.
4. Significant international presence in countries like Ukraine, Russia and Nepal
Here are the weaknesses in the Emami SWOT Analysis:
1. It has not diversified much. It had planned to enter into baby care segment but later on pulled back.
Following are the Opportunities in Emami SWOT Analysis:
1. Demographic trends like increasing population and purchasing power favor the consumer healthcare market, thus opportunities for growth.
2. Related diversification into growing categories
3. With growth in modern retail, it should look into opportunities of how to cater to this channel
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Emami are as mentioned:
1. Intense and increasing competition amongst other FMCG companies 2. FDI in retail thereby allowing international brands and increasing bargaining power of big retailers which could negotiate for better margins 3. Competition from unbranded and local products
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Emami. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute