Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 02, 2021
SWOT analysis of Taco Bell analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Taco Bell SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Taco Bell to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Taco Bell is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Taco Bell SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Taco Bell competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
People willing to have a hygienic and delicious non conventional meal at a restaurant
Children and youth from middle and upper class
Taco Bell offers healthy fast food with its available healthy, nutritious menu.
SWOT Analysis of Taco Bell
For Taco Bell, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Taco Bell SWOT Analysis:
Taco Bell Strengths
The strengths of Taco Bell looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Taco Bell :
1. Taco Bell is a hugely popular brand name with high brand loyalty
2. Taco Bell adopted a healthy trans-fat free formula which is a key competitive advantage over other competitors who has not yet switched to the healthier recipes.
3. Hygienic food preparation and quick service
4. Good advertising and marketing of the brand
5. Taco Bell has more than 7000+ stores worldwide
6. More than 170,000+ people are employed with the organization
7. More than 30 countries have Taco Bell outlets
8. Taco Bell serves billions of customers every year across the world which makes it a global food brand
Taco Bell Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Taco Bell SWOT Analysis:
1.High fat and high calorie food not good for health conscious people
2.High competition means limited market share growth for Taco Bell
Taco Bell Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Taco Bell SWOT Analysis:
1.Introduce home delivery in a big way can boost Taco Bell's business
2.Venture into newer markets especially emerging economies
3. New flavors and new recipes specially focused on health friendly ingredients can be introduced
4. More advertising can help Taco Bell build more brand awareness
Taco Bell Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Taco Bell are as mentioned:
1.Threat from other eating joints/restaurants
2. New researches and the raised awareness among the public about the harmful health impacts of fast food consumption is a threat to Taco Bell’s fast food menus.
3. Highly labor intensive which increases the subjectivity involved in the delivery of services
Taco Bell Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Taco Bell:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Taco Bell. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute