Bath & Body Works SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Bath & Body Works, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Bath & Body Works is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the Bath & Body Works SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Bath & Body Works looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Bath & Body Works :
1. It has an annual revenue of about $3.3 billion
2. It operates about 1640 stores throughout North America and also has online store
3. Its online store sales grew by 18% in 2014 while the same store sales increased by 7%
4. It constantly tries to do innovation in its product variety
5. It has a wide variety of personal and beauty care products
6. Very strong parent company in L Brands which is financially very strong
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Bath & Body Works SWOT Analysis:
1. It had unsuccessful promotions of natural care products
2. It has an inefficient supply chain
3. It has low market share as compared to competitors
Read more about Bath & Body Works
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Bath & Body Works SWOT Analysis:
1. It has a huge potential to grow its natural and ecofriendly products
2. Online expansion due to growth of ecommerce
3. Increase in demand from emerging economies
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Bath & Body Works are as mentioned:
1. Fierce competition in personal and beauty care category
2. Sales are severely affected by the performance of the economy
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Bath & Body Works SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Bath & Body Works
|Bath & Body Works Overview|
Beauty products, Cosmetics
Straight from the heartland
Quality products perfect for treating oneself
|Bath & Body Works STP|
Urban men and women, Higher Income group
High income group beauty conscious men & women, cosmopolitan customers
High quality care for the body
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Bath & Body Works. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us