Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Argos analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Argos SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Argos to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Argos is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Argos SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Argos competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Find it, Get it, Argos It; It's So Easy; Don't shop for it, Argos it; Helping you Live for Less
To make it as easy as possible for customers to buy from the business
Online and offline buyers
For the ones who look for purchasing Items multi channel - in-store, can be ordered online or over the telephone
SWOT Analysis of Argos
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Argos:
1. Largest general-goods retailer in the UK with over 800 stores 2. Offers online services for shopping 3. Owns famous brands including Elizabeth Duke (jewelry and watches), Alba, Bush, Chad Valley, etc
4. Huge working force with more than 51,000 employees 5. Argos reaches out to 130 million customers and 18 million UK households
Here are the weaknesses in the Argos SWOT Analysis:
1.A few controversies like working on Sunday, pricing in Ireland have slightly affected the brand name
2. Extremely tough competitive market segment means limited market share 3. Lesser presence globally as compared to some other retain chains
Following are the Opportunities in Argos SWOT Analysis:
1.Around 25% of sales are coming from online selling. Hence it can dwell further into this segment.
2. Reaching out markets in the growing economies
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Argos are as mentioned:
1. International expansion of other brand would increase competition
2. Price war with other retail chains brands 3. Change of Govt policies and regulations in the retail industry
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Argos. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute