Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Bata analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Bata SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Bata to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Bata is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Bata SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Bata SWOT Analysis:
For Bata, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Bata looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Bata :
1. Bata has a worldwide Presence in over 70 countries and production facilities in 27 countries
2. Benefit received from link to the international organization for back-office systems, product innovations and sourcing.
3. Bata showrooms are found in all the major cities, mini-metros and towns
4. Sells through over 1200 retail stores in India and 5000 stores worldwide
5. Bata company employs more than 6800 people in India and 40000 people world over and over 30,000 dealers
6. Excellent advertising and brand presence
7. Wide range of footwear including ladies sandals, heels, sports shoes, men formal shoes, trek shoes, accessories etc
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Bata SWOT Analysis:
1. High cost for brand protection for Bata products
2. Intense competition in the footwear segment means limited scope to overhaul market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Bata SWOT Analysis:
1.People now look towards buying footwear as a blend of fashion and comfort, so now has an increasing market size
2. Bata has an opportunity to create a separate division for tackling the rural markets in emerging nations
3. Global expansion in the premium footwear section
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Bata are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition from other leading footwear brands can affect Bata's margins
2. Commoditization if fashion footwear not differentiated well
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Bata:
India’s favorite footwear brand; Shoes for all; I love my shoes
Bata brand offers innovation and trust
Complete Coverage of the market
People who prefer fashionable footwear
Bata is positioned as the best footwear brand
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Bata. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute