Woodland SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Woodland, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Woodland to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Woodland is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Woodland SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Woodland SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Woodland, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Woodland looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Woodland :
1. Woodland has a strong differentiator of being an outdoor and adventure brand
2. Focus on Innovation with newer sturdier products
3. Excellent advertising and brand building of Woodland producrs through print ads and TVCs
4. 350 exclusive stores worldwide. Presence in more than 3000 multi-brand outlets in a number of countries
5. Production facilities in 10 countries
6. Offers a wide variety of shoes, jackets, gloves, apparel, accessories etc
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Woodland SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited penetration of Woodland globally and mainly serves the urban market in South Asia
2. Perceived premium pricing which stops people from entering stores
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Woodland SWOT Analysis:
1. More global penetration as an adventure footwear brand can boost Woodland's business
2. To be known as an outdoor needs fashion specialist
3. Tie-ups with adventure companies and fashion houses
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Woodland are as mentioned:
1. Established global brands offering the outdoor footwear
2. Cheaper substitutes for the premium brand can hurt the business of Woodland
3. Threat from fake/cheaper imitations
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of Woodland:
3. New Balance
9. Under Armour
Hence this concludes the Woodland SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Footwear and Apparel
Woodland is a specialist in outdoor & trek footwear
Outdoor & trek footwear & accessories
People who want the best for their adventurous outdoor side
Woodland is an eco-friendly & sturdy outdoor brand for shoes & accessories
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Woodland. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us