Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lush analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lush SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lush to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lush is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Lush SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Lush competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lush:
1. The packaging expenses are kept at minimum which are the largest part in a cosmetic industry
2. The expenses spend on marketing operations was also limited
3. Chain of more than 800+ stores across 50 countries
4. Lush developed an highly distinctive retail format an interior that resembled as much a delicatessen as a traditional retail shop
5. Customers had the liberty to serve themselves in the stores
6. A new retail format was introduced called B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful, it focussed on more upscale range of cosmetics
7. Lush gives back to the society with strong CSR campaigns
Animals are not used for testing purposes
Here are the weaknesses in the Lush SWOT Analysis:
1. Advertising is not very attractive and efficient compared to global players
2. High prices of the products makes them not affordable to the lower class
3. Pure products always have the issue of keeping them in the fridge
4. Not many people are familiar with Lush as a brand name
Following are the Opportunities in Lush SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing passion for fresh and healthy products for the skin and the body
2. Increasing the rate of store numbers leads to increase in the number of customers visiting the shops
3. The world is looking to go green so it gives Lush opportunity to create new industry
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lush are as mentioned:
1. Customers might choose conventional over responsible products, mainly because of ease of use
2. Availability of cheaper products
Below are the top 3 competitors of Lush:
1. The Procter & Gamble Company
3. Johnson & Johnson
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lush. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute