Twitter SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Twitter, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Twitter to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Twitter is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the Twitter SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Twitter SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Twitter, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Twitter looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Twitter :
1. Twitter is one the leading social media & microblogging platforms which is extremely popular for instant posts
2. Twitter is one of the early market entrants in microblogging
3. Speedy and instant updates have enabled Twitter to become a popular social media platform
4. It is highly preferred by governments, organizations or celebrities for business or publicity purpose
5. Twitter has a strong brand name and popular mascot the bluebird
6. Twitter has more than 300 million active users worldwide
7. More than 5000 people are employed with the organization
8. Twitter IPO was popular amongst investors as they claimed more than 500 million tweets daily
9. Hashtag, Trending topics etc. are all feature of Twitter which have become very popular among heavy internet users
10. Apart from text, the platform also enables to share videos, photos etc.
11. The brand has strengthened its position by several strategic acquisitions
12. Twitter has been used extensively for live TV, streaming content, online advertising & more
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Twitter SWOT Analysis:
1. A few cases of fake accounts, data leaks, lawsuits are an issue for social media platforms
2. Many competitors in social media means limited market share growth & time share for Twitter
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Twitter SWOT Analysis:
1. Twitter may become the dominant way for businesses to communicate with their customers
2. To invite more celebrities and organizations to create credible accounts
3. Integrate with more telecom operators or similar companies
4. Twitter can acquire more online businesses to establish its strong presence
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Twitter are as mentioned:
1. Competitors present in market can lead to decline in Twitter usage
2. New upcoming social networking websites can reduce time spent on Twitter
3. Fake accounts and data leaks can be a cause of concern
4. Government policies against internet & social media platforms can hurt Twitter's business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 13 competitors of Twitter:
Hence this concludes the Twitter SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Website - Social Networking & News
Follow your interests; Yours to Discover
Twitter is a micro-blogging websites on which the celebrity accounts are highly credible
Internet utilizing computer users
People looking to follow instant updates on institutions, celebrities and brands
Twitter is positioned as a social networking and micro-blogging website
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Twitter. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us