Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Abbott Laboratories analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Abbott Laboratories SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Abbott Laboratories to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Abbott Laboratories is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Abbott Laboratories SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Abbott Laboratories competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Abbott is a global, diversiﬁed healthcare company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals, nutritional products for children and adults, and medical products, including devices, diagnostic tests and instruments.
Abbott Laboratories STP
Pharmaceutical and medical diagnostic instruments and tests, minimally invasive surgical devices used for diagnosis of diseases.
Small and large enterprises across the globe using diagnostic instruments
Abbott is there for people in their pursuit of healthy lives.
SWOT Analysis of Abbott Laboratories
Abbott Laboratories Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Abbott Laboratories:
1. Abbott is collaborating with Syngene, India's leading contract research organization, to establish its first nutrition research and development (R&D) center in the country
2. Abbott Molecular has acquired an exclusive license to develop a diagnostic test in the United States based on several new biomarkers
3. Includes a broad range of specialized medicines; medical diagnostic instruments and tests; minimally invasive surgical devices; a spectrum of nutritional supplements for infants, children and adults; and products for veterinary care.
4. Abbott Launches PediaSure SideKicks , a nutritional beverage to help balance out a picky eater's uneven diet
5.Strong employee force of 90,000
Abbott Laboratories Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Abbott Laboratories SWOT Analysis:
1. Products listed on the site may be available only in certain countries.
2.Company is overly dependent upon mature products whose patents may expire in near future
3. Abbot faces lot of litigation cases in various countries regarding its products
Abbott Laboratories Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Abbott Laboratories SWOT Analysis:
1. Broad-based medical innovation, in technologies and businesses across the spectrum of health care
2. Pioneering solutions that advance health care
3. Address health needs in under-developed and poor countries
4. Leverage its core business expertise and resources to create sustainable solutions in countries around the world.
Abbott Laboratories Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Abbott Laboratories are as mentioned:
1. Increasing obsolesce of technology
2. Competition from peers
Abbott Laboratories Competition
Abbott Laboratories Competitors
Below are the top 5 competitors of Abbott Laboratories:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Abbott Laboratories. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute