Abbott Laboratories SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Abbott Laboratories, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Abbott Laboratories to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Abbott Laboratories is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The article below lists the Abbott Laboratories SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Abbott Laboratories SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Abbott Laboratories, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Abbott Laboratories looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Abbott Laboratories :
1. Abbott is collaborating with Syngene, India's leading contract research organization, to establish its first nutrition research and development (R&D) center in the country
2. Abbott Molecular has acquired an exclusive license to develop a diagnostic test in the United States based on several new biomarkers
3. Includes a broad range of specialized medicines; medical diagnostic instruments and tests; minimally invasive surgical devices; a spectrum of nutritional supplements for infants, children and adults; and products for veterinary care.
4. Abbott Launches PediaSure SideKicks , a nutritional beverage to help balance out a picky eater's uneven diet
5.Strong employee force of 90,000
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Abbott Laboratories SWOT Analysis:
1. Products listed on the site may be available only in certain countries.
2.Company is overly dependent upon mature products whose patents may expire in near future
3. Abbot faces lot of litigation cases in various countries regarding its products
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Abbott Laboratories SWOT Analysis:
1. Broad-based medical innovation, in technologies and businesses across the spectrum of health care
2. Pioneering solutions that advance health care
3. Address health needs in under-developed and poor countries
4. Leverage its core business expertise and resources to create sustainable solutions in countries around the world.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Abbott Laboratories are as mentioned:
1. Increasing obsolesce of technology
2. Competition from peers
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Abbott Laboratories:
Hence this concludes the Abbott Laboratories SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Abbott Laboratories Overview|
A promise for life
Abbott is a global, diversiﬁed healthcare company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals, nutritional products for children and adults, and medical products, including devices, diagnostic tests and instruments.
|Abbott Laboratories STP|
Pharmaceutical and medical diagnostic instruments and tests, minimally invasive surgical devices used for diagnosis of diseases.
Small and large enterprises across the globe using diagnostic instruments
Abbott is there for people in their pursuit of healthy lives.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Abbott Laboratories. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us