Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 06, 2021
SWOT analysis of Pfizer analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Pfizer SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Pfizer to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Pfizer is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The article below lists the Pfizer SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Pfizer SWOT Analysis:
For Pfizer, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Pfizer looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Pfizer :
1. Pfizer is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world and spread to almost all countries worldwide
2. Pfizer has an excellent research and development (R&D) creating innovative and breakthrough products
3. Mergers and acquisitions with big pharma brands increases the brand reputation of the company
4. The company has over 70,000 employees as a part of the organization
5. Pfizer has a very strong brand name and recall globally due to its leadership in the pharmaceutical sector
6. The company has a robust financial position and has good presence on NYSE and S&P
7. Pfizer's average annual revenue is approximately $40 billion
8. During the 2020 pandemic, Pfizer has invested more than $2 billion for research of vaccinations
9. The vaccinations developed by the company has been distributed all across the world
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Pfizer SWOT Analysis:
1. Tough competition from other major pharma brands means limited scope for market share growth
2. Negative brand image due to legal issues and lawsuits in the past
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Pfizer SWOT Analysis:
1. Strategic agreements with other pharmaceutical companies and organizations to boost its research
2. Increasing awareness about healthcare needs and increasing demand for quality healthcare solutions
3. Global penetration through mergers and acquisitions
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Pfizer are as mentioned:
1. Risk of unsuccessful new products can lead to loss of revenue
2. Regulatory environment becoming more stringent can lead to challenges in global operations
3. Economic slowdown in European markets can lead to loss in business for Pfizer
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of Pfizer:
Pfizer is committed to applying science and global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Pfizer. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute