Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Ritz Carlton analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Ritz Carlton SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Ritz Carlton to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Ritz Carlton is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the Ritz Carlton SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Ritz Carlton competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Employees are empowered to use their creativity and company’s funds to devise new and better ways to improve their relations with the guests.
Ritz Carlton STP
Business Travelers, Corporates, Families from Upper-Upper Middle Class Economic Background,
Upper class urban business executives
Ritz Carlton Hotels is a luxury hotel group that looks at creating memories for the customers instead of just serving them well.
SWOT Analysis of Ritz Carlton
Ritz Carlton Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ritz Carlton:
1. Empowered employees, hence top notch service
2. Global presence - Over 70 hotels and resorts worldwide 3. Goodwill from Employees and customers
4. Rewards programs are increasing repeat sales
5. Parent company adds to brand value
6. Logo, tagline, communication to potential and existing customers has been very well received so far
7. Aspirational and High brand loyalty 8. Over 33,000 employees working across 25 countries
Ritz Carlton Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Ritz Carlton SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand name comes with a perception of being expensive
2. Current economic status is bound to take a toll on spending power
3. Declining bottom line
Ritz Carlton Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Ritz Carlton SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase clientele through special packages and corporate tie-ups 2. Expansion of the global tourism market 3. Travelers looking for novel destinations
Ritz Carlton Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ritz Carlton are as mentioned:
1. Increasing costs for operations indirectly affecting hotel rates 2.Decline in tourism industry due to natural disasters, terror activities etc 3. Intense competition globally from renowned as well as local hotels
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ritz Carlton. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute