Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Taj Hotels analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Taj Hotels SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Taj Hotels to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Taj Hotels is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The article below lists the Taj Hotels SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Taj Hotels SWOT Analysis:
For Taj Hotels, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Taj Hotels Strengths
The strengths of Taj Hotels looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Taj Hotels :
1. Group comprises 93 hotels in 55 locations across India with an additional 16 international destinations
2. Employee strength over 13000 people 3. The perfect experience of Indian luxury living 4. Employee retention due to good brand image 5. Considered to be the most premium hotel chain in India 6. Top-of-the-mind brand recall
Taj Hotels Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Taj Hotels SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited market share due to tough competition from international and domestic players means
2. Terrorist attacks left a question over the security
Taj Hotels Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Taj Hotels SWOT Analysis:
1. Introduce better membership plans 2. Improve hygiene standards 3. Upgrade to international methods of work
Taj Hotels Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Taj Hotels are as mentioned:
1. Other heritage properties 2.Competitors upgrading to international standards of work ethic 3. Expectation of clients in terms of technological development
Taj Hotels Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Taj Hotels:
1. Leela Group of Hotels 2. Oberoi Hotels and Resorts 3. Hyatt
Hence this concludes the Taj Hotels SWOT analysis.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Taj Hotels. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute