Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Southwest Airlines analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Southwest Airlines SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Southwest Airlines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Southwest Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the Southwest Airlines SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Southwest Airlines competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Stop Searching. Start Traveling; A Symbol of Freedom; Southwest Airlines. THE Low Fare Airline; How do we love you? Let us count the ways
Largest low cost carrier in United States
Southwest Airlines STP
Southwest Airlines Segmentation
Price sensitive passengers
Southwest Airlines Target Market
Southwest Airlines Positioning
Low cost American airline
SWOT Analysis of Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Southwest Airlines:
1. Maximizes use of Internet for reservation 2. Has Boeing fleet that has minimized maintenance expenses 3. Admirable relations with workforce that leads to higher sales 4. Presents credits on amount spent instead of distance travelled
5. Operates more than 3300 flights daily to neatly 100 destinations
6. Strong employee base of 37,000 people
Southwest Airlines Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Southwest Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong competition from other LCC carriers means limited market share growth
2. Dependence only on the American market
Southwest Airlines Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Southwest Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion to other cities 2. International flights and global expansion 3. Potential for research in marketing and advertising
Southwest Airlines Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Southwest Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Operating cost likely to increase and hence air fare will increase 2. Increasing and effective use of internet by competitors 3. Increase in fuel prices
Southwest Airlines Competition
Below are the top 3 Southwest Airlines competitors:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Southwest Airlines. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute