Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 26, 2021
SWOT analysis of Ford analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Ford SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Ford to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Ford is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Ford SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Ford competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Ford has an international brand presence due to one of the oldest car manufacturing company and also provides a wide range of cars
Complete automobile segment including SUVs, Hatchbacks, Sedans
Young executives, businessmen, small families
Ford is positioned as an automobile company which provides quality cars globally
SWOT Analysis of Ford
For Ford, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Ford SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Ford looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ford :
1. Ford is one of the early market entrants in the automobile segment and oldest car manufacturer
2. Ford offers a wide range of cars to different set of customers
3. It provides exclusive product features taking into consideration the targeted segments
4. The company has invested efforts to go green in order to help the environment
5. Ford has over 180,000 employees globally
6. The company is present across continents and has excellent visibility & marketing
7. Ford is present in Motorsports like Formula One, Rally, Sports cars, Touring cars & sponsorship of events
8. Apart from cars, its also manufactures buses, trucks, tractors, financial services etc.
9. Excellent advertising and branding of Ford cars through TVCs, print ads, online ads, billboards etc.
10. Ford has been investing in electric vehicles, hydrogen variants, compressed natural gas & more
11. The company has a wide portfolio including popular cars like Ecosport, Figo, Aspire, Endeavour, Fusion etc.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Ford SWOT Analysis:
1. Many options for customers means high brand switching
2. Intense competition means limited market share growth for Ford
3. Being a global brand, the company is vulnerable to lawsuits pertaining to the policies in that country
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Ford SWOT Analysis:
1. Expanding automobile sector can be tapped across the world by Ford
2. Improving business scenario by expanding its consumer base
3. Capitalizing on the models exclusively designed for different markets
4. Ford needs to focus on the upcoming market trends in terms of EV (electric vehicles) and hybrid cars
5. Ford can look at the robotics sector as well for expanding its technology & portfolio
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ford are as mentioned:
1. Competition from major international players can reduce Ford's market share
2. Increasing usage of public transport and increased fuel costs an lead to decline in sales
3. Production problems in local plants due to labor and similar issues
4. Being a global brand, it is affected by recession and global economic crisis
5. Events like Pandemic affect the automobile industry in general as people stop going outside and to usual places for work and study etc.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Ford:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ford. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute