Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Yokohama Tire Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Yokohama Tire Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Yokohama Tire Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Yokohama Tire Corporation is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Yokohama Tire Corporation SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Yokohama Tire Corporation SWOT Analysis:
For Yokohama Tire Corporation, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Yokohama Tire Corporation Strengths
The strengths of Yokohama Tire Corporation looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Yokohama Tire Corporation :
1. It’s an international Japanese brand with manufacturing worldwide, they have a very strong product portfolio 2. They have strategic agreements and have taken good business initiatives to expand their business 3. They have strong R&D facility which has achieved a number of milestones in using natural and renewable sources for raw materials. 4. They are an ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 company and have excellent initiatives to be perceived as eco-friendly company with an aim to reduce, reuse, and recycle.
5. They have pioneered in orange oil technology with an aim to increase the proportion of non-petroleum materials to 80% or even more.
6. Company merchandise being used as a way to brand.
Yokohama Tire Corporation Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Yokohama Tire Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Market share not growing with more stiff competition. 2.Less global penetration as compared to other brands
Yokohama Tire Corporation Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Yokohama Tire Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. They have growth opportunity in emerging economies like India, China, Brazil etc. 2. Their successful branding as the most Eco-friendly tire company may take them a long way. 3. Opportunity to diversify more strategically to mitigate the risk of putting all the eggs in one basket and advertising that also.
Yokohama Tire Corporation Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Yokohama Tire Corporation are as mentioned:
1.There is Stiff Competition from national and international brands.
2. Japanese economy is not growing and has reached a maturity phase 3.Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
4. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels. 5. Volatility of raw material prices
6. fluctuation of exchange rates
Yokohama Tire Corporation Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Yokohama Tire Corporation:
Now You’ve got control; Pioneering technology is a part of our game plan
Equipping vehicles with advanced tire technology enhancing dynamic vehicle control for the maximum in active safety, speed and performance.
Yokohama Tire Corporation STP
Automobile industry, motorsports, merchandise,
Family cars, luxury cars, SUVs, racing cars and bikes.
Superlative tyre performance, ever innovating R&D and most eco-friendly in terms of initiatives taken to reduce, reuse and recycle raw materials.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Yokohama Tire Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute