Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Subaru analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Subaru SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Subaru to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Subaru is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Subaru SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Subaru competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Adventure is awaiting; Think. Feel. Drive; Inexpensive, and built to stay that way; The World's Favorite Four Wheel Drive
All models launched are Four Wheel Drive
Four wheel drive auto-enthusiasts
Driving enthusiasts especially of young, single &adventurous
Niche, only for serious driving enthusiasts
SWOT Analysis of Subaru
For Subaru, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Subaru SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Subaru looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Subaru :
1. Years of experience of making four-wheel drive vehicles 2. Advanced engine technology called Boxer engine 3. Won many prizes in the World Rally Championship 4. Made first ECVT (electronic continuously varying transmission) which was a very advanced transmission system
5. ‘This Year’s Car’ awardin Japan with ‘Legacy’
6. Won 6th Machinery Industry conference’s Japan’s Machinery Industrial association president prize about horizontal-faced boxer engine
7. Recognized as high-technological, high-performance brand
8. Its recognition is a brand not as individual models
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Subaru SWOT Analysis:
1.It is more recognized as rally car producer than a passenger or daily use vehicles 2.It is not present globally esp. its absence from emerging markets like India, Brazil is surprising
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Subaru SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase its target market size 2.Increasing marketing through unexplored mediums like online 3. Increase & deepen brand equity
4. Increase awareness about its technology
5. Increase association of customers with its brand through various events or meets
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Subaru are as mentioned:
1. Many major brands have products that offer similar benefits 2. Less awareness in customers other than the target group 3.Inability to move towards more fuel efficient products which are going to be major growth drivers for major auto companies
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Subaru:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Subaru. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute