Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Jeep analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Jeep SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Jeep to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Jeep is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Jeep SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Jeep competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Many Jeep variants serve military and civilian purposes
Young & adventure oriented people
Urban upper middle class individuals
Strong vehicle with go anywhere capabilities
SWOT Analysis of Jeep
For Jeep, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Jeep SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Jeep looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Jeep :
1. Strong image and brand reputation 2. Iconic design which is synonymous with its name 3. Name stands for adventure which easily communicates its utility 4. Strong off-roading capabilities
5. The brand has also diversified into apparel for lifestyle
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Jeep SWOT Analysis:
1. High Price compared to competition 2. Low penetration globally among the relevant people 3. Perspective of having dated design with no major improvements over a long period of time
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Jeep SWOT Analysis:
1. They can look for technology partners who can help to enhance their technologies 2. They should enter growing markets with lower cost models where they can get larger volumes 3. They can further leverage their brand name & legacy which known across the globe
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Jeep are as mentioned:
1. Increasing fuel prices 2. Macro-economic factors which discourage purchase of new vehicles esp. for people who would buy through credit 3. Electric vehicles which can provide similar type of adventure with lower cost of running
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Jeep:
1. Toyota Rav4 2. Suzuki Gypsy 3. Mini Pajero
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Jeep. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute