Patanjali SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Patanjali, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Patanjali to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Patanjali is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Patanjali SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Patanjali SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Patanjali, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Patanjali looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Patanjali :
1. Patanjali has grown at a rapid pace within a short span of time
2. Extensive marketing has pulled people into accepting its products as a healthier and safer option
3. Strong brand ambassador with Baba Ramdev as its face helped boost the business for Patanjali
4. Patanjali offers new products, new style of marketing etc has changed the market dynamics
5. The venture has generated tremendous revenues, which are comparable to existing players
6. More than 200,000+ employees with Patanjali
7. Excellent word of mouth marketing has helped the brand grow
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Patanjali SWOT Analysis:
1. Launched too many products in a short time
2. Patanjali faced issue with advertising council of India
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Patanjali SWOT Analysis:
1. Patanjali can tap overseas market as Ayurveda is increasingly getting awareness
2. Can enter more segments in personal hygiene, FMCG etc
3. Can also diversify in apparels
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Patanjali are as mentioned:
1. Prominent FMCG players coming up with their own variants of ayurvedic products
2. Big players have their existing model which is sturdy, which can overcome new competition from Patanjali
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Patanjali:
1. Dabur India
2. Procter and Gamble
4. Nestle Ltd
5. HUL (Hindustan Unilever Limited)
6. Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
Hence this concludes the Patanjali SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Patanjali Ayurved Limited
Prakriti ka aashirwaad
Patanjali sells only Ayurveda based products in food, cosmetics and FMCG
People looking for healthy FMCG products
Middle and upper middle class families who prefer ayurvedic products
Patanjali offers healthier and safer products in the FMCG category
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Patanjali. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us