Johnson & Johnson SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 20, 2021
SWOT analysis of Johnson & Johnson analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Johnson & Johnson SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Johnson & Johnson to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Johnson & Johnson is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Johnson & Johnson SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Johnson & Johnson SWOT Analysis:
For Johnson & Johnson, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Johnson & Johnson Strengths
The strengths of Johnson & Johnson looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Johnson & Johnson :
1. Johnson & Johnson is one of the World’s Most Admired Companies
2. The United Nations awarded Johnson & Johnson the Humanitarian of the Year Award for our leading role in its Healthy Mother, Healthy Child initiative.
3. One of the “Top 100 Companies for Working Mothers” every year since the list was initiated
4. Johnson & Johnson has strong brand presence in form of advertising media and print media for a number of products.
5. Excellent distribution network as the brand is supplied to remote villages and faraway places
6. J&J is a brand trusted by mothers the world over
7. Johnson & Johnson has an excellent product portfolio and high quality offerings
8. It includes some 250 subsidiary companies with operations in over 50 countries and products sold in over 175 countries
9. More than 100,000+ people are employed with J&J
10. The company spent over $1billion to develop a Covid-19 vaccination
11. Excellent brand visibility via TVCs, print ads, outdoor media, social media & digital marketing
Johnson & Johnson Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Johnson & Johnson SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong competition means limited market share growth for Johnson & Johnson
2. Being a global brand means operations are disturbed by market fluctuations
Johnson & Johnson Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Johnson & Johnson SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisitions of other smaller companies and increasing Johnson & Johnson's presence
2. Bringing out a range of more portable products for economy class and increasing rural penetration
3. Johnson & Johnson can tir-up with corporates, schools, colleges, hospitals etc for their business
Johnson & Johnson Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Johnson & Johnson are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competition can reduce market share of Johnson & Johnson
2. Spurious brands with the name similar to existing brand name
3. Availability of cheap substitutes and low priced competitors
Johnson & Johnson Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 10 competitors of Johnson & Johnson:
Johnson & Johnson has innovative healthcare products and is a trusted brand
Johnson & Johnson STP
Health care segment
Mostly urban families and hospitals and clinics
Johnson & Johnson's promise to healthcare & personal hygiene consumer products
Johnson & Johnson Product Portfolio
2. Baby Oil
3. Baby Shampoo
4. Baby Lotion
5. Baby Powder
8. Clean & Clear
9. Shower to Shower
19. Acuvue Lenses
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Johnson & Johnson product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Johnson & Johnson. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute