Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lakme analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lakme SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lakme to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lakme is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Lakme SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Lakme SWOT Analysis:
For Lakme, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Lakme looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lakme :
1. Lakme was the first major beauty brand in India with a legacy of over 60 years 2. Has a foot print of over 1200 assisted sales outlets, which is the largest span of outlets with “Beauty Advisors” in the country 3. Vast range of products and services offered 4. Has a strong market share across India 5. Lakme started its new business in the beauty industry by setting up Lakme Beauty Salons all over India 6. Lakmé brand boasts over 300 products, used in professional hair salons in over 70 countries around the world
7. Brand extension to beauty services through Lakme Beauty Salons
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Lakme SWOT Analysis:
1. People with sensitive skin avoid skincare products 2. Intense competition means limited market share growth for Lakme
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Lakme SWOT Analysis:
1. Improving its bond with beauty and fashion is through the Lakme Fashion Week, which is now the largest fashion event of its kind in the country 2. Lakme Beauty Training Academies can boost the brand's presence
3. Global reach by advertising and tieups can increase the company's business
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lakme are as mentioned:
1. International brands coming into the domestic cosmetics market can be a threat to the market share held by Lakme over the years 2. Availability of cheap local brands and imitations
3. Global operations of Lakme can be affected by fluctuating market scenario
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Lakme:
Lakme brings expert products and services that are borne out of true understanding of the needs of the Indian woman
Women looking for personal care items – Cosmetics, Skin Care & hair styling products.
All Indian Women from middle and upper class
Lakme is a brand that takes care of women and their beauty needs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lakme. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute