Pringles SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Pringles, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Pringles is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector. The article below lists the Pringles SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Pringles, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Pringles looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Pringles :
1. Pringles is one of the world's leading potato chips brand
2. Pringles is a snack product under Kellogg's, which gives the brand a strong foundation
3. The brand is available in more than 140 countries worldwide through a vast distribution network
4. Pringles has more than 30 varieties and flavors of chips to offer
5. In many regions, the brand also offers local flavors based on consumer demand
6. The brand has a good recall due to ads on TV, print media, digital marketing, social media engagement etc.
7. Pringles chips are available on almost all retail stores and ecommerce platforms
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Pringles SWOT Analysis:
1. Perception of allegedly being unhealthy food on account of negative press and lawsuits
2. Limited target market growth owing to competition from brands as well as local players
Read more about Pringles
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Pringles SWOT Analysis:
1. Pringles can capitalize on its international perception and market it aggressively in emerging markets
2. More advertising in untapped markets to increase sale
3. The brand can continue to innovative flavors especially region specific to tap a local market and geography
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Pringles are as mentioned:
1. Increasing business by competitors can reduce the margins for Pringles
2. Being a global brand, the company is vulnerable to global economic policies, fluctuating currency value etc.
3. Changing preferences of people towards snacks can lead to loss of business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Pringles:
Hence this concludes the Pringles SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Once you pop, the fun don't stop
More than 30 flavors of crisp potato wafers packaged in boxes
Snack food segment
Youth population with taste for international flavors
Pringles offers a wide variety of crisp chips with different flavors
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Pringles. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us