Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of WordPress analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In WordPress SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like WordPress to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. WordPress is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the WordPress SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the WordPress SWOT Analysis:
For WordPress, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of WordPress looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of WordPress :
1. WordPress has a large and lively user base community as well as developers
2. WordPress is highly customizable providing the users great control on content management and development
3. Free for customers with an option of paid account for unique domain
4. The functionality can be extended as per the user requirement
5. Over 70 million websites created using Wordpress across the globe
6. WordPress blogs written in over 120 languages
7. The company has ensured that customer can use it across platforms like laptops, tablets, mobile etc
8. WordPress has been recognised by several awards
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the WordPress SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition from other blogging & social media platforms means limited market share for WordPress
2. Security threats & data leaks have been affected the brand
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in WordPress SWOT Analysis:
1. WordPress can expand capabilities to allow users to create even more effective websites
2. Acquiring more partnerships with other websites and mobile operators for integration
3. Attracting more users by making payments
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of WordPress are as mentioned:
1. Security issues will always be a threat for a blogging platform like WordPress
2. Improved functionalities by competitive blogging platforms
3. Newly emerging competitive blogging platforms
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of WordPress:
WordPress is a free and open source blogging platform with a professional touch
Internet users interested into blogging or content management & development
WordPress is positioned as a web software to create ‘beautiful’ and effective websites or blogs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to WordPress. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute