Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 29, 2021
SWOT analysis of Samsung analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Samsung SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Samsung to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Samsung is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Samsung SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Samsung SWOT Analysis:
For Samsung, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Samsung looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Samsung :
1. Samsung is leading consumer electronics brand, which is present in the market for a long time and has great brand recognition
2. Samsung offers lot of models and options for every price range hence increasing sales e.g. Samsung Galaxy series has phone in almost all price ranges
3. It is one of the largest manufacturer of TVs, home appliances and mobile phones
4. Samsung brand awareness is at par with world's greatest tech companies
5. The company is known to launch new innovative models every year and keep the market moving with its innovation
6. Samsung not only sells its own finished products but also provides a lot of parts like LCD panels, memory etc. to other manufacturers
7. Samsung Galaxy smartphone series is one of the most popular product line offered by the company
8. The company has more than 250,000 employees globally
9. Samsung products are sold worldwide hence making it a global company
10. The brand has excellent advertising via TV commercials, online ads, print ads, sponsorship events and digital marketing
11. The annual revenue of Samsung is more than $200 billion
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Samsung SWOT Analysis:
1. Because of intense competition, Samsung has to invest aggressively even for a small market share growth
2. Past legal issues, lawsuits and challenges from environmental agencies impact the brand image of the company
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Samsung SWOT Analysis:
1. Samsung can innovate more with their existing product line and diversify into newer products
2. Introducing geography specific phones and appliances can boost the brand
3. Adopting newer technologies to improve upon products can help boost its business
4. Bringing a more affordable innovative products at difference price ranges can help Samsung a lot
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Samsung are as mentioned:
1. Intense price competition in the mobile market can hamper the margins for Samsung smartphones
2. Samsung has major competition with local brands in all the segments that it operates in
3. The market is very dynamic and failed products can prove to be a big issue for the company
4. Global pandemic, economic crisis and fluctuating currencies can affect the supply chain & business operations of Samsung
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 14 competitors of Samsung:
The next big thing is here; Everyone's invited; Next is now
Samsung is leading electronics company especially mobile phones and TVs
Mobile Phones and Home Appliances seeking market
Almost Everyone who wants to buy a phone; also appliances
Samsung provides best phones and appliances for every need and price range
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Samsung. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute