Oracle SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Oracle, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Oracle is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector. The article below lists the Oracle SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Oracle looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Oracle :
1. Oracle provides the best of the breed product suite through various acquisitions
2. Strong talent pool of more than 130,000 employees working with Oracle
3. The company has market dominance in enterprise databases
4. Technological Innovation and good R&D is the backbone of their business
5. Some of its prominent products are Oracle Applications, Oracle Database, Enterprise Manager, Fusion Middleware, servers, workstations, storage etc
6. It offers services like SAAS, PAAS, consulting, financing etc
7. The company has been involved with sponsoring many events across the world
8. Oracle has its presence in more than 100 countries worldwide, which use its products & services
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Oracle SWOT Analysis:
1. Being a leader in the market, Oracle has had to face many lawsuits and controversies which affected its brand image
2. Stiff competition from leading IT & consulting companies means limited market share growth
Read more about Oracle
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Oracle SWOT Analysis:
1. Full hardware market is there to be tapped for Oracle through geographic expansion and acquisitions
2. More brand visibility can highlight the company's good work
3. Tie-ups with government organizations worldwide can help its grow its business
4. Oracle can work towards tapping the huge internet and data penetration and come-up with B2C solutions
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Oracle are as mentioned:
1. Integration issues due to aggressive acquisitions can be tough to tackle
2. Being a global player, market fluctuations and recessions can reduce Oracle's business profits
3. Increasing competition can diminish the market dominance of the company
Hence this concludes the Oracle SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Integrated Cloud Applications and Platform Services,Hardware and Software, Engineered to work together; Information driven;
Oracle provides a full spectrum of products for business right from ERP to hardware to JAVA/database
Enterprises seeking IT solutions along with hardware
Targets B2C as well as B2B customers for ERP, database, servers and technolgy frameworks
Oracle is a one stop shop for the IT needs of enterprises and companies
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Oracle. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us