De Beers SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of De Beers, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like De Beers to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. De Beers is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the De Beers SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the De Beers SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For De Beers, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of De Beers looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of De Beers :
1. De Beers employs approximately 20,000 people around the world
2. It is one of the biggest companies in the diamond industry, mining, trading and manufacturing
3. Offers premium diamond jewelry which include necklaces, rings, bracelets, gifts etc through 50 exclusive stores globally
4. Strong brand name and brand equity globally
5. De Beers is known for its association with international celebrities as brand ambassadors
6. Excellent branding and marketing making it a top-of-the-mind brand
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the De Beers SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong competition from other brands means limited market share growth
2. Preference of people choosing gold over diamond, making it a premium product for occasions
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in De Beers SWOT Analysis:
1. It can increase its presence in global markets
2. Acquisition of smaller businesses to increase brand position and reach
3. Tie-ups with corporate and business partners
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of De Beers are as mentioned:
1. Trends change quickly, hence innovations and R&D are investments
2. Economic fluctuations mean people decrease their spending
3. Govt policies, taxes etc also affect the premium jewellery segment
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of De Beers:
4. Tiffany and Co
Hence this concludes the De Beers SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|De Beers Overview|
De Beers Group
Jewellery and Diamonds
Diamonds are forever
One of the biggest diamond brands in the world
|De Beers STP|
Women who love diamond jewellery
Urban women premium and upper class
Diamonds are a special gift which last forever
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to De Beers. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us