Bayer Group SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Bayer Group, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Bayer Group to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Bayer Group is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Bayer Group SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Bayer Group SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Bayer Group, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Bayer Group looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Bayer Group :
1. Comprehensive portfolio of chemical, material science, healthcare and agricultural products
2. Bayer remains vastly dominant in pediatric vitamins and dietary supplements with 25% value share
3. Diversified supply process in conjunction with long-term supply agreements minimize the company’s exposure to production process risk
4. Presence in diversified streams offers protection against demand fluctuations
5. Strong brand presence in the industry and strong financials
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Bayer Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Allegations against the group on price fixing has tarnished the brand image
2. Shown in bad light over patent infringements and lawsuits
3. Biotech products segment affected by risk due to highly complex manufacturing process
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Bayer Group SWOT Analysis:
1. High potential drugs like Xarelto, Stivarga, Eylea, Xofigo &Riociguat
2. Joint ventures and acquisitions will increase market presence
3. Growing demand in crop industry
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Bayer Group are as mentioned:
1. Weak global economy and problems in pharmaceutical industries can hamper growth
2. Bayer's revenue growth may be impacted negatively by Regulatory controls on pharmaceutical product prices
3. Low cost substitutes
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Bayer Group:
1. GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
2. Johnson & Johnson
4. Novartis AG
5. Pfizer Inc.
Hence this concludes the Bayer Group SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Bayer Group Overview|
Science for a better life
Innovative pharmaceutical products like genetically engineered product
|Bayer Group STP|
Health Care segment, Agriculture, Polymers and Chemicals segments
Analgesics, cardiovascular risk prevention, cough & cold, dermatology, gastrointestinal and nutritionals health care, animal health care, Seed treatment and pest prevention
Worldwide leading position in therapeutic drugs area
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Bayer Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us