Apple SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Apple, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Apple to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Apple is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Apple SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Apple SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Apple, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Apple looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Apple :
1. Apple corporation has around 140,000 employees worldwide
2. Apple has a large number of brand loyal customers spread across more than 100 countries
3. The company is known for constant innovations in products and technology
4. The brand has a wide offering including smartphones, watches, TV etc.
5. It has good distribution network globally to make its products accessible via ecommerce platforms and retail stores
6. The Apple iOS offers differentiated benefits as compared to its competitors
7. Good advertising and branding through TVCs, print media, online ads and billboards
8. Strong legacy of the brand since its inception in 1976
9. Apple's brand name synonymous with the great leadership & legacy of Steve Jobs
10. Apple became the first US publicly traded company to have a valuation of over $1 trillion
11. The brand has been regularly recognized as one of the most valuable brands in the world
12. Apple effectively engages with its customers through social media channels & digital marketing
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Apple SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand faces severe competition from other consumer electronics brands and hence market share growth is slow
2. Apple ecosystem is considered to be more rigid when compared with other mobile ecosystems
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Apple SWOT Analysis:
1. Apple can move into other computer or media product spaces that are not served well
2. Strategic alliance and innovations in technologies
3. People With increase in demand of Online Products people want more online music and content and Apple is tapping this market by bringing innovative products, so it can lead the market
4. Apple can enter gaming console market to compete with PS4 and Xbox One
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Apple are as mentioned:
1. Huge threat from competitors who are in mode of constant innovation
2. The rise of Android ecosystem in the mobile and tablet space
3. Mobile business is very dynamic and price sensitive especially when it comes to geographies like India, China, Brazil etc.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 13 competitors of Apple:
Hence this concludes the Apple SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Personal Computers and Mobile Devices
Apple focuses on High Quality Products with exclusivity
Individuals looking for stylish PCs and Mobile Devices
High income group, with age between 20 to 40 years
Apple offers highly featured and functional mobile devices and computers which are easy to use
|Apple Product Portfolio|
1. Apple iPhone
2. Apple iPad
4. Apple TV
7. Apple Watch
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Apple product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Apple. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us