Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 22, 2021
SWOT analysis of Nokia analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Nokia SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Nokia to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Nokia is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Nokia SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Nokia SWOT Analysis:
For Nokia, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Nokia looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Nokia :
1. Nokia is one of the largest producer of consumer electronics, telecom equipment & networking equipment
2. Nokia has more than 90,000 employees globally
3. The company has its business operations in more than 100 countries with annual revenues of $20 billion
4. In the early 2000's, Nokia was the largest mobile phone manufacturer
5. Nokia has a strong legacy since its inception in 1865
6. The company is also diversifying into products like AC, TV, laptops etc.
7. Apart from smartphones, the company has subsidiaries like Nokia Networks, Nokia Technologies, Bell Labs, Alactel & NGP Capital
8. The products are available through multi-brand retail outlets, ecommerce platforms & online stores
9. The brand is listed on Helsinki Stock Exchange & NYSE
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Nokia SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand was severely impacted by late entry in the touch screen & smartphone market
2. Legal issues in the past have hurt the brand image of the company
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Nokia SWOT Analysis:
1. Nokia can diversify into more consumer products which can develop a strong revenue stream
2. Acquisition of electronics & mobile firms can help the brand grow inorganically
3. Focus on developing affordable as well as premium range of products to cater to different set of consumers
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Nokia are as mentioned:
1. Intense price competition in the mobile market
2. Increasing business of competitors can hurt the business operations
3. The market is very dynamic and failed product can prove to be a big issue
4. Global recessions or pandemic can affect the supply chain
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 14 competitors of Nokia:
One of the largest telecom equipment manufacturers & pioneers of mobile phones
People looking for smartphones & companies seeking telecom equipment
Urban men & women looking for affordable phones
Nokia with its strong legacy offers reliable consumer electronics & phones
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Nokia. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute