Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lenovo analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lenovo SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lenovo to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lenovo is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Lenovo SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Lenovo SWOT Analysis:
For Lenovo, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Lenovo looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lenovo :
1. It manages its cost very effectively, to achieve high effectiveness with innovative leadership
2. Lenovo’s good marketing and distribution strategies through a network of channel partners, retail stores, Teleweb, and Lenovo authorized dealers across the globe helps it to lead
3. Strategic alliance with suppliers
4. Lenovo is very quick at responsiveness, they have 24*7 technical support centres
5. They have strong R&D, which they have taken over from IBM
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Lenovo SWOT Analysis:
1. Unable to maintain sustained growth rate in all market segment, it focused on China only in the past
2. Market share growth is slow due to competition; Fake products/ imitations affects sales
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Lenovo SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing global demand for PC
2. Specialty shops proving one stop platform for distribution
3. Government organizations increasing their spending on IT
4. Internet boom
5. Increasing product portfolios/ product lines
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lenovo are as mentioned:
1. Competition threat from both local and international markets/ Price war
2. Software piracy and clone market
3. Emerging small firms
4. International competitors forming alliances with local competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Lenovo:
Small and medium size enterprises, Public Sector Divisions, Students and home makers who need systems for their daily work
Building new products at affordable prices
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lenovo. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute