Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lee analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lee SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lee to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lee is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Lee SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Lee SWOT Analysis:
For Lee, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Lee looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lee :
1. The brand has over 100 stores all over the world and employs over 500 people in the USA. 2. The brand has been known as one of the top jeans producers all over the world. 3. The brand is known for its innovation through out the century and known for inventing the zipper fly jeans. 4. Lee was one of the first jeans brand to start advertising through television and has continued extensive advertising throughout.
5. The brand spends huge money on advertising campaign and brand awareness.
6. The brand is very socially responsible launching the “World Denim Day” where the brand invites companies and workers to wear Lee denim in return for a contribution for 5 dollars and contributes that money for the breast cancer fund.
7. The Lee Jeans today is manufactured by Arvind Mills limited, where the brand gains a lot of cost advantage with its competition as the raw materials are cheap in India.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Lee SWOT Analysis:
1.The brand has not established itself in the e-commerce arena that well in Asia where the brand has a significant market share. 2.The brand has had problems in distribution of the updated stocks in parts of Asia and Europe.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Lee SWOT Analysis:
1.The brand can focus and expand its production into shirts, T-shirts on a larger scale.
2. Tie-ups with fashion houses to boost presence
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lee are as mentioned:
1.Existing competition from Brands like Levis, Espirit and wrangler in the segment is growing day by day. 2.Brand switching cost is very low so the brand has to be regularly updated in their designs and keep their customers intact.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Lee:
A company which has rich heritage, Innovative designs and socially responsible organization.
Men and Women who want to wear stylish and innovative jeans at an affordable price.
Young urban men and women from the upper middle class
A stylish brand with a sporty look with an American imaginery to the brand.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lee. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute