Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: January 23, 2022
SWOT analysis of Maybelline analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Maybelline SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Maybelline to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Maybelline is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Maybelline SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Maybelline competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
For Maybelline, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Maybelline SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Maybelline looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Maybelline :
1. Maybelline has the top research and development teams and resources through their parent company L’Oreal
2. Maybelline has a coveted image of being hip, intelligent, stylish and charming which is positioned well to target young women
3. The brand has a strong market penetration and brand loyalty globally
4. The brand has competitive prices due to an effective cost of production
5. Different versions of product are produced for each country depending upon the local demand
6. Maybelline is a widely recognized cosmetics brand, owing to good advertising exercises via social media, digital marketing, TV campaigns, print ads etc.
7. The brand promotes its products via sponsored events as well as using brand ambassadors
8. Owing to the parent company's good distribution, the products are available at most leading ecommerce portals as well as leading retail stores
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Maybelline SWOT Analysis:
1. Despite being a popular brand, cosmetics industry has intense competition and hence limited market share
2. Cosmetic products don’t suit people with sensitive skin and hence sometimes faces an issue
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Maybelline SWOT Analysis:
1. Maybelline can focus on developing more products based on local needs
2. The brand can leverage the strong position of its parent company Loreal
3. Continued investment in R&D and geographical expansion can help the brand grow
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Maybelline are as mentioned:
1. Wide range of substitutes available can impact the business for Maybelline
2. The brand image can be impacted by fake or cheaper imitation goods
3. Being a global brand, Government policies, economic recession etc. can have an impact on the business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Maybelline:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Maybelline. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute